Crime Report for 23rd to 26th June 2017:
1) Theft General pharmaceutical store Village Mall. Cosmetics stolen.
2) Theft General estate Verdi St Melodie. Cash, wedding ring and vitamins stolen.
3) Drinking in public Rietfontein. Two suspects arrested.
4) Attempted Theft of motor vehicle Village Mall. Suspect attempted to steal orange coloured Ford Ranger double cab, but was confronted by owner whereby two suspects fled in white Mazda bakkie.
5) Reckless and Negligent Driving Saartjiesnek. MVA between silver VW Golf and brown Land Rover resulted in injury to one person.
6) Burglary Residential Cloister St Meethof. Jewelry, clothing , shoes and iphone stolen.
7) Attempted burglary and Assault GBH Danie St Schoemansville. Two suspects entered house and attacked two females when confronted whereafter husband came to help. One female hit over head with crowbar and sustained head injuries. Suspects fled scene without stealing anything.
8) Burglary Residential Kleinste St Ifafi. Lawnmower, gas cylinder and coolerbox stolen out of wendy house.
9) Burglary Residential Bosvy St Melodie. Tv, cutlery, kettle and computer stolen.
1) Burglary Residential Hartbeeshoek Road lodge. Two cases whereby doors, lights, carpet, table and other fittings stolen.
2) Theft General College Broederstroom. Cash stolen.
3) Malicious Damage Broederstroom. Glass window, glass table, garden chairs and braai stand damaged by known suspect.
4) Burglary business pub Jalapor Road. Freezer, fridge, fan and tv stolen.
5) Arson and Assault Matshelapata Broederstroom. Victim assaulted by girlfriend whereafter she allegedly burnt down his shack.
6) Burglary Business restaurant DeRust. Cigarrette machine and bicycle stolen
1) Burglary Residential Paul Kruger St Kosmos. Dvd player, mixer and microphone stolen.
2) Burglary Residential Bultfontein. Tv, sound system, wedding ring, safe and rifle stolen. Some goods recovered in nearby veld by security.
3) Culpable Homicide R560 Skeerpoort. Mva between Honda Jazz and Fiat Uno resulted in driver of Uno being killed. Several other passengers injured.
4) Attempted Housebreaking Bultfontein. Victim threatened with rifle but managed to wrestle rifle away from suspect, whom fled the scene. Rifle was discovered to have been stolen at burglary in point (2).
Hartbeespoort dam SAPS
Romano v d Spuy CPF