Crime Report for 21st to 22nd June 2018:
1) Possession of Dagga Damdoryn. Suspect arrested.
2) Fraud Sediba Plaza. Complainant alleges fraudulent payment made for goods delivered.
3) Truck Hijacking vd Hoff Road Rietfontein. Passenger alleges their Nissan truck was pulled off road by three bogus Policemen. Passenger was forced into white VW Polo at gunpoint and later offloaded in Pretoria West. White Nissan truck and driver still missing.
4) Carjacking Syferfontein. Two victims in VW delivery van allege they were held at gunpoint whilst delivering cigarrettes to a cafe in Beethoven Road. Two victims were forced into back of van, whilst highjackers drove a short distance down a farm road. Cargo of cigarrettes were offloaded and suspects fled in a silver/ grey Opel Corsa leaving the two victims in the van.
5) Common Robbery Ten Rooms. Victim robbed at knifepoint in his shack of three cellphones and cash.
6) Assault Common Damdoryn. Victim beaten up by known suspect.
7) Burglary Residential Kleinste St Ifafi. Generator, battery, ladder and tools stolen from garage.
8) Business Robbery Filling station near Village Mall. Three suspects threatened staff with metal pipe and robbed convenience store of till, cash, cigarrettes and various other items before fleeing on foot.
1) Burglary Residential Hartbeeshoek Road. Lights, door, waterpumps and tools stolen.
2) Robbery with weapon other than firearm Jalalpor Road Broederstroom.
No cases reported.
The sudden spike in serious crime in Hartbeespoort over the past 48 hours is most concerning:
Two highjackings, one on vd Hoff Road and the other on Beethoven Road Syferfontein. In addition to three robberies, one in Ten Rooms, one in Broederstroom and business robbery at a filling station in Melodie plots.
Community members are requested to be vigilant and report any suspect persons, suspect vehicles to the Police and / or security companies as well as neighbourhood watches.
Romano v d Spuy CPF