SPECIAL REPORT on safety tips during the FESTIVE SEASON.
If you are planning to go away on holiday here are some safety tips to bear in mind:
1) It is preferable to have a trustworthy individual to do house sitting for you.
2) Ask your neighbour to keep an eye on your house while you away by turning on your lights at night.
3) NEVER leave pets unattended. Ask a reliable person to feed and check on them or alternatively take them to kennels for safekeeping.
4) If you have garden services ask them to keep your garden tidy. An overgrown garden is a sure sign that the resident is away.
5) Inform your neighbourhood watch and / or your security company so that they can keep an eye on your property.
6) Do not inform your domestic workers of your plans to go on holiday. They are very often the informants to housebreakers or will come thremselves to break in.
📌Remember that during holiday periods criminals move around looking for potential targets and whilst neighbourhood watches do regular patrols its impossible to look after entire areas.
Romano van der Spuy