COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION IN THE FIGHT AGAINST CRIME, CAN SAVE LIVES
Community Policing Forums (CPF’s) were established to involve all local stakeholders and key organisations in local policing.
Each Police Station precinct is divided into manageable sectors, each sector has a police officer as the Sector manager. Within each sector various safety structures (Neighbourhood Watches, Cell groups and Block watches) are established under the sector manager and affiliated to the locally elected Community Policing Forum.
In Hartbeespoortdam the CPF Executive committee members meet regularly with the officers in charge of the sectors and the station management, not only to keep you informed but also to discuss problems and solutions to crime in their area.
For community policing to be successful, it is important all members of the community to realise and accept that they also have a social and moral obligation to assist and support the SAPS in the fight against crime, as well as other forms of social disorder.
With your support and involvement of the community, the police will be in a position to meet the safety and security needs of Hartbeespoortdam and the country.
Community organisations, businesses and development workers need to cooperate with Community Policing Forums to mobilise community support in the fight against crime. This includes supporting the Community Policing Forum (CPF) and SAPS in: –
- identifying crime hot spots and informing the police about problems
- reporting any information on wanted suspects and illegal firearms
- mobilising civil society organisations to become active members of the community police Forum In turn your Community Policing Forums (CPF) participates in:-
- Visiting schools and problem area’s with the SAPS to speak to learners, teachers & residents
- Running education and awareness campaigns on the community’s role to fight crime
- supporting the police in crime prevention initiatives
- monitoring the police’s service delivery
- provide with your assistance possible solutions or alternatives to constantly strengthen partnerships and improve service delivery.
Remember Community participation and support in the fight against crime, can save lives. We require your assistance to turn around the crime situation in our Hartbeespoort dam policing precinct. Please support your family and neighbours by joining your local Safety Structure